Pages

Saturday 6 August 2011

The beginning


So that's where it all started. A few years back, when I was doing my bachelors degree, I started with my strong interests in robotics (not computer vision). Surprisingly, this field was very different from what I was actually studying at university level. I took up to the challenge and along with Telecommunication subjects, I was very keen at learning the basics of robotics. This was the first time I was building my very own robot, little did I know at that time that it was the very same robot which will lead me to a whole new different field of Computer Vision. A simple line follower named tracker was the turning point for my career.







Years later I did a Final Year Project titled "Guidance System for Visually Impaired using Digital Image Processing", which was basically a very complex line follower with no lines drawn at all. It used the natural surroundings and extracted 'useful lines' to compute the deviation and hence guiding a visually impaired person. Eventually I realized that my interests in the field of Computer Vision was way more than what I was studying.